Jan 1, 2008

New Year Resolution(s)

One more year came to an end. Quite an eventful one. Lot of exciting things, but some of them really tested me to the limit. Looking back, I think, we as a family have done quite okay. The bad things were, more or less, beyond my control. Things happening in Iraq, for example !!

Importantly, another fresh year is also born. So, let me wish everyone a very Happy New Year, peaceful, creative and joyful year.

It is also that time of the year when we all try to make New Year Resolutions. This year, I wanted to make a set of resolutions, starting from 'not to become too busy', but the list did not proceed because too many things were happening. So, it is better to aim for achievable things, I guess.

Though started with a bigger list, finally I pruned to the following :
  • There will be clearly specified hours everyday when I will not sit in front of the computer. (Morning 8 to 9 for example. Not to mention 11 pm to 6 am in the night !)
  • Restart reading Tamil short stories. (Downloaded the catalogue, but have to start ordering books.)
  • Start a Tamil Blog (Already started. Chuvadippookkal. But, to make it live).
  • Spend a bit more time with Vennila. (I have another few years - before she starts understanding things. I will have no chance, then, of impressing her with my tomfoolery !)
  • Help Durga in household chores. (The trick is to make a mess of things, so that she feels it better to do it herself.)
  • At least, to send one handwritten letter in a month to someone. (Victims will be chosen randomly).
I am mentioning these to the world publicly. So, catch me if I don't stick to these resolutions.

Happy New Year, once again ...

No comments: