Feb 11, 2008

DEATH

(Translation of my Tamil Blog.)
நெருநெல் உளனொருவன் இன்றில்லையென்னும்
பெருமை படைத்தது இவ்வுலகு.
A Thirukkural on Death. Yesterday they were there. But, not there today. This is the 'fame' of this earth. Fame ? It should be the Notoriety ...

This morning, Appu, a 30 years old colleague of us died. Heart Attack, it seems. Wasn't in the best of health; but, none of us expected that this will happen.

To add another name to the famous list of this earth, he died this morning. When he was brought to the hospital, he had almost reached the entrance of death itself. As I type this sentence, I wonder whether I will be there till I press the Publish button below.

Did Appu say everything he wanted to say ? Did I say everything that I have to tell him ? Got a big shock. But, mind is full of - as if I am going to be there for ever - plans, ambitions, dreams, fights, jealousy and what not !

Once again, I am convinced that I should not wait for auspicious time to do anything good. Do Now. Here. Feel like throwing all my 'strong convictions', and 'resolutions' to wind; and just try to do what is needed by anyone around.

May be, this sort of philosophical thoughts will be there only till I sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow.

No comments: