Mar 27, 2008

Office, Boss and Colleagues

Unfortunately, Accord is not a typical office or workplace. It is an extended family and there aren't those office dynamics that are typical of many organisations.

When I started my carrier with a Central government organisation as a young management graduate, almost 10 of us stayed together and close to each other. Almost every evening when we meet, there will be a cribbing session. Each of us telling stories about our respective bosses. It became a sort of entertainment - after a hard day's work !

After 20 odd years of 'working', I am quite interested about this issue of work environment and organisational culture. The idea of putting Dibert comic strip in my blog was born out of this interest. I love that.
Sajan sent this cartoon strip about nine months ago. Quite nice, quite Indian and very commonplace. When I was in the barber shop last time, the person sitting next to me was having a shave. He got a call in the cellphone, answered saying, "Yes sir, I am in the office, leaving in half an hour. OK sir, good night sir", and then looked at me and grinned ...

More on Office dynamics later.

No comments: