Jul 15, 2008

Left Vs Right

Have been reading a bit about the right and left hemispheres of our brain and what not. In the process, got a bit confused and ended up with this gruesome joke !

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off?

He's all right now.

It seems, the left and right hemispheres of our brain process information in different ways - in general. We tend to process information using our dominant side, it seems. However, the learning and thinking process is enhanced when both sides of the brain participate in a balanced manner. This means, strengthening our less dominant hemisphere of the brain.

I decided to strengthen my less dominant hemisphere and decided to pay attention to it. And, there were tests to find out which is the dominant hemisphere, I was told. There were more than 20 questions, starting from 'which side do you prefer to sit in a theatre ?' to 'do you like algebra or geometry ?' etc.

To my horror, the final result was that I have only one hemisphere of brain.

I am all right now !

No comments: