Dec 24, 2008

Excuses - Grade I

There is a thin line between excuses and lies, don't you think? We have all heard about the child which did not want to come to the school exam the next day, saying "I am going to have stomach ache tomorrow...". But, adults are no better. Read this below:
Lot of unwanted dogs turn up at the doorstep of Britain's biggest dog welfare charity. With some Grade-I excuses. They have released the Top 10 dubious reasons its staff has heard over the past year for dumping dogs at one of its shelters.

"My dog does not match the sofa," topped the list, followed by: "The dog looks evil and has different coloured eyes ..."

"My black dog does not match the new white carpet. Can we swap him for a white dog?", was at number three.

Other excuses: "My pet guinea pig got worried with a dog in the house."
I think, the best was, "The dog opened all the gifts on Christmas Eve". Creative they are, these dog-dumpers! This dog below is in trouble. If the owners change the carpet, he has to go!


One of the legendary reasons we have heard from an adivasi child in our area for why she did not go to school is this : "The elephant ate up my school!". It seems, the elephant had actually eaten the roof of the small school built in the village. Head ache and fever are quite normal and unconvincing. Terror attack or heavy floods etc. look quite crude. But, "a wild elephant was standing along the way, so I could not come", sounds quite cute.

What is the most creative excuse you have invented in the last one year? Me? I never had to invent excuses, because I am totally honest!

How is this for an excuse?

No comments: