Jul 23, 2009

I am a Cheese... Or, possibly wine?

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Some cove called Luis Bunuel seemed to have made this wise crack. As Age seems to be playing in the mind for the last couple of years, this quote also attracted my attention.


I would prefer to consider myself a wine, rather than cheese. I think, I am quite maturing as years go by and am becoming more 'valuable'! I was telling Abirami recently that probably, this is the best phase of my life. Not that I did not enjoy the school days in Pattukottai or the college days in Coimbatore or later in Anand. Of course, the Boithili village days in Andhra Pradesh were terrific and probably the best till then.

But, the last few years are going quite well as far as the professional and personal lives go. If you consider how much useful I have been to others around me, the general consensus will be that the last six years are the best in that aspect.

Probably, it is also because I am mellow and mature now, and not trying to prove any point. May be because, I have finally found the exact groove that will suit my strengths and does not show up my weaknesses. May be I am maturing like a good red wine.

The downward slide probably is around the corner. Hope, I will have the wisdom to realise that phase and adjust to that, rather than try to assert myself on some poor friends and colleagues around me then. But, such worries can wait. Let me enjoy life when the going is good.

PS : There is a nice idea for another blog. "Manoharan, the bacteria". Wait for some more time.

No comments: