Aug 23, 2009

Manoharan, the Bacteria

In the last post, I had written about the very tender and delicate nature of the Government servants. They seem to be very sensitive and can exist only in peculiar climates - almost like some exotic plants. So, am I.


Sometimes, people in Gudalur and even some friends outside appreciate me very much and are quite happy about what I am doing or not doing. The only thing I want to tell all these people is that I am also like those Government servants. Very tender and sensitive and all that. I can also exist only in certain environment. I am quite effective only in certain organisations, in the company of certain people.


I had been a miserable failure in certain commercial enterprises of my family, which I was duty bound to get involved. Being aggressive, demanding things from others and pushing hard for your personal benefits are important characteristics in most of the organisations, especially business oriented ones. Inspite of being a Management graduate, I will be a terrible failure if I have to get involved in some such organisations.

Thanks to the orientation to the NGO sector in Andhra, I ended up in this field where I fit in properly. Things which would have been handicaps in other organisations are indeed strengths here. So, with a little bit of hardwork, I could manage to cover up the handicaps and voila, you are a reasonably good, effective manager. So, give me the right environment, I flourish. If the surroundings get murkier, I am at a loss.


Though I would prefer to compare myself with an exotic archid or some such precious plant or flower, Abirami differed. Given her medical background, she said, "something like a bacteria. Only in certain temperatures it will survive..."

Fine, Manoharan the bacteria...

No comments: