Sep 27, 2009

Guru - Dignified Death

Guru died.

Guru was my mother's dog in our village. Last month, when we had gone home, he died. He was not well and we don't know what was the reason. He didn't eat for three days; just walking around here and there. And, one afternoon, he went to the nearby garden and died. What a dignified death.

I thought, there is a lesson for me there. Do something useful till your last. But, when your time is up, take a couple of days to close the programmes and shut things down. And, quietly turn the machine off and lie down to sleep. No fuss, nothing. Terrific.

When I shared this thought with Premila, saying "Man has an important lesson to learn from dogs about 'Dignity in Death'", she retorted, "There are hundreds of lessons man can learn from dogs!"

How true. I wonder where crows and all those birds always circling around in the sky go to die.

No comments: