Jun 21, 2010

Right Mr.Wrong

I am very grateful to the God for not making me a young woman, because all young women go through a very difficult problem in life. How do they select a right man as their companion? If I were a young woman, I would have found it extremely difficult to choose such a person. As the image above says, most of the women today settle with the rightest person from the whole lot of Mr.Wrongs. "He is not good, but he is the best, what to do" etc.

But, I may also be wrong. What do I know about today's young women? Nothing. In my good old days, all the young women wanted from their man was to be good! As long as they don't drink and have decent income and can take care of the family (which means just hanging around the house), the women are fine with their man.

But, I am afraid, the expectations of today's young woman are quite high. On the one hand, they want their men to share responsibility in the kitchen (preposterous!) and in raising kids (dangerous!!). On the other hand, I also learnt recently that most of the young women studying in colleges want their men to work somewhere in North America or Australia (even after racial attacks?). They also want their men to be independent (read Live as far away as possible from his parents). I would not have believed such notions, but I talked to a girl who mentioned that almost all their classmates shared her view and this is the most popular choice. And, she was from a Grade-B town only, and not from any metro, mind you!

With these expectations, all they have to settle for is a right Mr.Wrong that is all. "He is working only in Kenya, but what to do, that is as far away as we can go!" or "He is in West Coast. All my friends are in the East Coast, what to do; I will somehow adjust..." etc.

No comments: