Sep 16, 2011

I am Young!

Yes, it is official! I am Young. The doctors pronounced it. Friends told. All and sundry, in fact...

In 2006 or so, when Sajan interacted with the Business world - financial sector, investment portfolio etc -, he gave me a shocking news! That he is old already to make a major career change. He was 30 years that time, I think. If he is old at 30, what was I at 40 then??!!

Then, we had the technology changes; people using emails were called old people - dinosaurs. According to that definition, only people in 17-25 age group were young and people over that are called Old. This impression was strengthened by the next generation of boys and girls visiting Gudalur- MSW students, new recruits in TST, visitors - everyone calling me Uncle!

But, then things changed dramatically during the last one month. The cancer diagnosis seems to have put a new perspective in everyone else's mind. First, the St.John's doctor told, 'you are young; so we can try this procedure'. Then, the oncologist in CMC said as much, 'in old people, it may be difficult; but, in your case, we can go ahead with this. As you are young, the body can cope with it' etc.
So, in all, the world seems to have voted unanimously that I am young after all!!

No comments: