Jan 22, 2012

New Avatar of 2012

Couple of years ago, I celebrated new year by starting a new email id, but this year was different. A new avatar. After showing this photograph to near and dear, and ensuring that it did not cause any untoward incident, I am releasing it to wider public around the world. Here it is :

Reactions of the 'friends' varied from 'you are handsome' to 'why don't you apply for a villain role', from 'you look better than before' to 'you look younger?!' ... But, I must write about the wonderful experience of getting my head shaven at my mother's village.
When I expressed my wish to get the head shaven, she sent word for the barber and he appeared suddenly one day without any notice. In a casual 'lungi', the old man was carrying a small cloth bag with some knives and a blade packet in his shirt pocket. That is it!
We put a small stool under the tree just outside the house. And, he started!! My sister asked, "do you need any white cloth etc. to wrap around his body?'. "He will be taking bath after this, isn't it? The hair will fly away anyway.. No need"
No shaving cream, no brush, nothing. He just softened the hair with cold water, stroked the hair with his rough hand, but I had the softest of shaving that day! As he kept shaving the head, gentle breeze swept away the hair from my shirt to the nearby field. In less than half an hour, he finished. With a cup of tea and an unbargained Rs.40, he left home.
Oh, I loved it.

No comments: