Feb 13, 2012

World Cancer Day

Last week (February 4th), the World observed Word Cancer Day. Till now, the way I had looked at days like world AIDS day, world diabetes day etc was very different. But, this time, I was a bit confused about the World Cancer Day. I wasn't sure what I should do. To be honest, I was trying to avoid reading anything about it....

Then, next day came the announcement that Yuvraj Singh (our flamboyant, popular cricketer) has been diagnosed with malignant cancer and he is flying to USA for treatment. This created so much more awareness about the disease and the whole issue that I had a cruel thought. For celebraties to create awareness about dreaded diseases, it is better that they themselves get it!! Sorry folks ...

But, the best thing was the AMUL advertisement. As Yuvraj Singh is referred by his friends as YUVI, this ad mentioned it in such a wonderful way that even Yuvi thought that it was cute. Here is the ad if you had not seen it before.

Yuvi-amul

No comments: