Jul 7, 2008

Beans and our kitchen garden

Durga has worked magic in front of our house. The mess between our house and the road has been converted into a nice kitchen garden now. Beans, Brinjal, flowers and Banana trees.

There was all round excitement when the beans seeds germinated. They are almost 6 inches tall now. And, Vennila took this nice photograph focusing on the plant and house in the background.

People may get a false impression from the title 'our garden' that I am one of the prime movers of this project. No, not at all. My contribution to the kitchen garden till now is next to nothing. I am planning to do my two bit by eating the beans when they grow, of course, later. But, till now, nothing.

And, this issue has been bothering me of late quite a bit. People do all the work and I am just documenting things. People who read my blogs, my mails or reports may get a wrong impression that I am doing lot of stuff. Not only at home, but also in the office. When the doctors and nurses do all the work, I finally end up taking the photographs and write a nice report about 'our health programme'; and my friends reading it may think that I am doing everything. The same goes to many other activities as well.

Sometime I honestly mention the names, but many a times that does not happen. (For example, if I had not mentioned that Vennila took this snap, you would think that I took it). So, let me confess publicly through this blog that when I write 'We', it means others.

No comments: