Jan 28, 2009

Total Shut Down on 22nd

From about 7 PM on 21st, my system was shut down completely for about 22 hours. For maintenance purposes. No, No, I didn't mean my computer. But, my body system.I had an excuse of cold, fever and headache. So, went to bed at about 7 PM without dinner. But, for brushing and having a cup of tea on 22nd morning, I didn't do anything, eat anything almost for a day. Slept almost continuously. That time, I thought I was thinking about many things, not just sleeping. But, now, I do not remember what I was thinking. So, probably, things were only in the RAM, the temporary memory, but were saved in my hard disk, the brain?

But, one dream I remember from that time. There was a meeting Mr.Obama and his wife and children were attending with all their White House staff. The old office / administrative staff were telling the new presidential couple all the protocols and procedures in white house. Issues like 'where you will be sitting in dinner table with visiting dignatories', 'if the President of so-and-so country comes with wife, here is the procedure', 'if the visiting head of state is unmarried or a widow, this is how it is', 'if he comes with a girl friend, then this is where Michelle will be sitting and this is where you must sit' and all that sort of thing. How I got this dream I don't know. Delirium?

By evening of 22nd, things were looking better and thought 'enough is enough'. Got up, had dinner and of course, went off to sleep again at 8.00 PM. 23rd was normal enough.

I strongly advise everyone on this complete shut-down for maintenance purposes technique to recharge themselves. Try doing nothing for a day and see if it helps.

PS: Do computers dream when we shut them down? May not be about obamas, but probably about some bites and files?

No comments: