Feb 1, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine

When I had fever, Abirami sent a joke saying laughter is the best medicine. My God, she is seriously thinking of becoming a doctor. If she does, here is how she will treat the patients:


Patient : “Doctor, I am not feeling well.”
Abirami : “What is up?”
Patient : “I am having head-ache for the last 3 days.”
Abirami : “Okay, now listen to this joke. One day, there was this young boy who wanted some ....”

(After 10 minutes, the Patient will go out rolling with laughter. Headache?)

Abirami : “Next..”

New Patient comes.

Patient2 : “Doctor, I am fine now. But, I feel feverish every day in the night.”
Abirami : “How about mornings?”
Patient2 : “ I feel perfectly fine during the rest of the day...”
Abirami : “Okay fine. It is called the Gloom of the evening hour. Here is a book called 'The Best Collected Jokes for gloomy days'. Read it whenever you feel feverish and keep it below the pillow when you sleep. You will feel better.”
Patient2 : “Thank you doctor. When should I come back?”
Abirami : “Come back after a week. If things don't improve, I will change the medication. Will give you another book called 'All Time Great jokes to lift your spirits'!

Dr.Abirami is going to be fun.

No comments: