May 25, 2009

Girls outshine boys

The exam results of the 10th standard students are out today. The usual story. All the headlines in all the newspapers scream the same thing.

Girls outshine boys

Girls perform better than boys

Pass percentage among girls better than boys.

Gudalur girl tops Nilgiris district
And, all the photographs show beaming girls all over the paper. So, academically girls perform much better in our schools. Right from the time I remember, this has always been the case.

Why only in studies? In almost everything, girls seem to be better than boys. During the last five years, I have a very serious apprehension that if and when I am born again, I may have to choose to be a girl only. Because, there will not be any boys.

If not immediately, surely after a couple of centuries, there will not be any boys, I tell you. Why do we need men at all? Whatever we can do, girls do better. Taking the darwin's theory, if the dominant race will succeed eventually and wipe out the less-performing ones. So, men will perish and women will rule the world, I am sure.

Probably, sensing this, men also try out stunts like becoming pregnant and what not. But, in the end, women don't need men for anything. I even thought, world may become like a big bee colony or ant colony - queen bees and male worker bees and all that sort of thing. But, even having men as workers is too troublesome. Better have machines, than men. Unless, of course, women want machines that will argue (and lose).

During college days, Ashok Gopal and myself had a very successful theory - "All girls are nice". But, if there are only girls, I wonder what will happen to our conviction...

No comments: