Aug 22, 2011

Slight change in plans

Wanted to talk to you all personally, but a common mail is what I could afford right now.

There seems to be a slight change in plans for my current life. During the last three to four days, things have taken a new turn and it looks like the doctors are unanimous that it is a cancer in the stomach/liver. Now, they will all discuss what to do next and what sort of treatment is required. CMC is an amazing place with everyday more than 20000 patients coming from all around the country to see the doctors here - actually, on their way to meet Lord Venkateswara in Tirupati or the Lord in Rameswaram. Their faith in the CMC doctors is as strong as on the other Lords, if not stronger. So, I also do believe them.

While it is sure that you are not going to see an old and infirm Manoharan (like our 'Indian thatha'), it is not clear what are the optimistic or pessimistic scenario etc. I will keep you all posted after the test results come tomorrow and we have a check up with the doctors day after tomorrow.

The support and goodwill and recommendations that pour in to the CMC team make me really humble.

Now, during the next week or so, I need to spend some time with my actual family and come to some sort of understanding / arrangement. My mother and sister are already lost, with everyone taking over everything about me. We need to be sensitive to this and I have to spend some time with them.

Being an unemotional objective-oriented moron, I am doing very well mentally and largely physically too. When all these reserves are run out, I will request your help. So, be ready that time. Till then, it will be great if you don't visit me personally either in Vellore or in Gudalur. I hope you understand. Will try to keep you all posted from time to time.

And, all the doctors have of course told to remain positive. The brain does wonderful things and it needs to continue to generate immunity. So, we will all stay positive and hope for the best.

No comments: