Sep 1, 2011

Manoharan, your output is LOW!!

Two days ago, I got this harshest criticism! As I try to be efficient and always want to do things as per deadline etc., this accusation that my output is low was rather disturbing.

She looked at the chart and gravely nodding her head, "just 150 ml of urine in one day, no, it is not done". You must buck up and improve your output! As soon as possible. Drink as much water as possible. But, output should be better.

In the usual NGO defence, I was about to argue, "what about quality? I may achieve the output in quantitative terms, but will the objective be fulfilled unless quality is assured. And, I don't believe in mere numbers"blah blah. Fortunately, controlled myself in the last minute, and just said, ók, will try.

So, after that, it is a free flow of water, milk and juices. And, each drop of output is measured and neatly recorded in a piece of paper. Morning 4 PM, 350 ml etc. Next week when I go to the Medical Oncology department, let me see if the nurse is satisfied or will again disapprove of poor outputs. If we go to Gudalur, drinking pots of water should not be a problem - much sweeter and pleasant. Shikha's slogan is "5 litres of water a day keeps the doctor away".

No comments: