Oct 22, 2011

Hostile Gatekeepers

At the India-Pakistan Wagah border, we have two of the most hostile gatekeepers that you can find anywhere. Till recently, I used to think they are probably the most hostile gatekeepers that you can find in the world!
Unknownname


But, the chemo drugs introduced me to another set of gatekeepers who are, in fact, more hostile than these two poor souls. The mouth ulcer and the throat ulcer! Together they are such a potent force that it has been very difficult to beat them! During the 2nd half of both the second and third chemo cycles, I had them appearing from nowhere in my body. As it is, the taste buds were not working and everything was tasting the same. Now, the throat ulcer was constantly secreting a salty water whenever I try to eat something, it was an effective way of saying NO to food!
So, I tried to cajole them and used the liquid route. For the last one month or so, the diet has become only liquid. When both the gatekeepers were looking the other side, I tried to send milk and juice and soya milk and water inside the system. By mistake, once or twice I tried venturing into solid food, but immediately our gatekeepers shut shop! Once they looked a bit lenient, it looked like the food went inside; but, I didn't account for another more powerful fellow inside called Nausea - who very brutally pushed the food outside! "You won't listen to those two chaps, eh?" Disgraceful...
But, what to do with the tablets? They are solid. If it was a little bigger, it would have resembled our famous Kerala puttu or an elongated Idly! Somehow, I was sending them in, but tonight, the first tablet went inside and there was a big revolution in my food pipe, forcing me to abondon the second tablet. I guess, this is the end of my 3rd cycle of chemotherapay.
As of now, I guess, we have crossed half the well. We have to go to Vellore on 2nd for a CT Scan and meet the doctor on 4th. Let us see what is the result of these 3 cycles of chemotherapy!! Fingers crossed.

No comments: