Jun 20, 2009

Personality Test

Nambi sent a web link on Personality Test. He mentioned that this sort of test is used to see if people have the traits required to be corporate leaders. Or, he thought that people with Personality A characteristics only can become good corporate leaders. And, he also mentioned that he got a score of 52 and predicted that all of us will get between 45 and 55.

As I am not a corporate leader, I thought I am going to fail this personality test. But, still was curious to know how this website finds out about my personality when I myself have problems figuring out what is my personality. So, went to the website and filled all those questions. It hardly took 5 minutes. I was sure that my score will be 10 or 15, but was surprised to get 38.

Now, what does 38 mean? Have I just failed or am I a 'border case'? If someone has given the same responses as I gave, I would have described that fellow as "someone without taking any position in life; being wishy-washy; quite a laid back attitude in life; not matching ideals with the kind of hard-work required" etc. etc. But, do you know how was my personality described? Here it is:
"You have got 38. You seem to be in the middle between the Type A and Type B personality. In this case, the middle ground is good. Your attitude to life is more of the "smell the roses" kind and you know how and when to relax. Nonetheless, you realize that picking up a challenge and competing a little bit for your place in the sun can add some spice to your life. The equilibrium is important, so don't let your hostile, aggressive, and competitive alter ego take over too often. Generally, you are easy to be around, and people tend to feel relaxed and comfortable in your presence. Yours is a very healthy attitude towards life."
Till then I was cooking up reasons and arguments to rubbish this sort of web personlity tests. But, after reading this glowing tribute to my personality, I am going to even argue that this is scientific, what a terrific method to analyse people and what not. You can try out this website just for fun. Here is the link.

I wonder, what would have been the score for Bill Gates or Steve Jobs or Ratan Tata or Mukesh Ambani ...

No comments: