Oct 12, 2011

3rd cycle started

The 3rd cycle of my chemotherpay started. Went to Vellore on Sunday, met the doctor on Monday after a blood test. Thanks to the topping up done in Gudalur, I didn't have to have any blood transfusion in CMC. So, the doctor did not even admit me in the oncology ward and said that I could have my chemo IV infusion in the Day Care Centre.
First time, when I heard the name day care centre, I thought of a creche kind of thing - looking for a room with a yellow duck toy or a wooden horse and some colourful play things strewn all around! But, what I got was a small room where six chairs that remind one of a fancy saloon. Everyone sitting there with IV sets hanging over their head. It takes about 1 hour waiting and 2 hours of IV. Then, after 5 minutes of rest, you are out. Quite an efficient system.
So, by 12.30, my medication was over - no effects during the process. So, quickly we left Vellore by 2 pm. As we had to cross the Mudumalai sanctuary before 9 pm, we rushed back to Gudalur. We had two schumachers with us in Tarsh and Dilip, who reached us in record time of 7 hours from Vellore to Gudalur!
The steriod is still holding up, the hiccup minion is occasionally showing its presence, but no other side effects have started yet. Waiting till the week end to get a real picture.

Meanwhile, my latest photograph in the day care centre is given below - thanks to Nikhilesh.
Sp_a0010
This is just to show Sundar that I have not still become bald (mottai) - not yet!!

No comments: